Thursday, June 17, 2010

Yes...I did ask for pantyhose!

















Yes...if your child came home today asking if they could have your pantyhose...they are telling you the truth!
Today in class I explained that my families alpaca farm is sending fiber from our alpacas to help in the gulf oil spill. I figured as long as I am sending fiber I might was well send pantyhose too! This is where you come in...we need help collecting panthose:-) The overall response was..."yeah, my Grandma wears them"! Nice :-) Out of the mnoths of Babes!

We watched a video of how the "Booms" of hair are absorbing the oil. It is incredible. Our class made signs and placed donation boxes at the entrance to school and to our classroom. Unfortunately the copied note didn't make it in the backpacks before dismissal.

We will be collecting them and putting them in the boxes of fiber we are sending to the gulf so that the volunteers can continue to make the "booms"to contain and collect the oil.

Thank you! We will keep you posted.